Helen O’Hara joint our school 12 months ago as a complete beginner in the martial arts. Now after regular sessions of Jiu-Jitsu she passed her grading for the 4th Kyu / orange belt. Master Charlie Gregson from Ichinen Bridport martial arts school rated her examen as very good. Helen had to show all the required content of the syllabus including rolls and falls, theory test and a demonstration of self defence against the most common attacks.
The most common attacks in Uk nowadays are:
- One person pushes, hands to chest, followed by the pusher striking first, to the head.
- A swinging punch to the head.
- A front clothing grab, one handed, followed by punch to the head.
- A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a head butt.
- A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a knee to the groin.
- A bottle, glass, or ashtray to the head.
- A lashing kick to the groin or lower legs.
Well done Helen. Congratulations!
ps. Helen’s partner as Uke was Master Horst Lindenau.