The ten most common attacks according to law enforcement are
- A person pushes, hands to chest, which is normally followed by the pusher striking first, to the head.
- A swinging punch to the head.
- A front clothing grab, one handed, followed by punch to the head.
- A front clothing grabs, two hands, followed by a head butt.
- A front clothing grabs, two hands, followed by a knee to the groin.
- A bottle, glass, or ashtray to the head.
- A lashing kicks to the groin or lower legs.
- A broken bottle or glass jabbed to face.
- A slash with knife, most commonly a 3 to 4″ lock blade knife or kitchen utility knife.
- A grappling style head lock.
When I found this listing in 2015 on the official website of UK government / law enforcement we started at our school to train the right answer to these situations. since than a lot happened. Not only that law enforcement has unpublished the information (there been the most 100 common attacks available!) but it looks like that the whole martial arts world has copied our first publication of this list. How do i know? Well, there is one slight alteration I made when I first published it and this is found since then in any copy.
What surprises me, if you try to find any “official” government information about this issue, there arent any. Looks like someone is not interested to spread this kind of knowledge. But here we are. We do!