At our local martial arts school Ichinen Bridport we focus very much on personal self defence. Therefore students have to learn about the most common street attacks. During the grading for the 4th Kyu / orange belt in Jiu-Jitsu students have to demonstrate a defence against each of the seven most common assaults.
The most common attacks in Uk nowadays are:
- One person pushes, hands to chest, followed by the pusher striking first, to the head.
- A swinging punch to the head.
- A front clothing grab, one handed, followed by punch to the head.
- A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a head butt.
- A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a knee to the groin.
- A bottle, glass, or ashtray to the head.
- A lashing kick to the groin or lower legs.