These are the 10 most common street attacks in the UK:
- One person pushes, hands to chest, which is normally followed by the pusher striking first, to the head.
- A swinging punch to the head.
- A front clothing grab, one handed, followed by punch to the head.
- A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a head butt.
- A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a knee to the groin.
- A bottle, glass, or ashtray to the head.
- A lashing kick to the groin or lower legs.
- A broken bottle or glass jabbed to face.
- A slash with knife, most commonly a 3 to 4″ lock blade knife or kitchen utility knife.
- A grappling style head lock.
At Ichinen Bridport we train these most common attacks for self defence in both styles, Jiu-Jitsu and BlackCombat. Stay safe and join us for training. New members are always welcome at our school.